Dorothy L Sayers Society Members Area
You are nearly at the Members Area of the DLS Society web site...
To manage access securely, and avoid you having too many different passwords to remember, the Members Area is closely linked to our online edition of the Lord Peter Wimsey Companion.
So, to login to the Members Area, you must first have an LPWC account.
The instructions for signing up are here.
Please remember to indicate, when signing up, that you are a member of the Society! We will then ensure that you get access to both the LPWC itself and this Members Area.
If you already have an LPWC account, but your username doesn’t let you enter the Members Area, please write to the Membership Secretary with a note of your username, and we will authorise it for access to the Members Area.
You can then return here and login.
A working email address is a pre-requisite for signing up for any of our online resources. When you have filled in the signup form, you will immediately be sent an email containing a confirmation link, which you must click to proceed. If you have not received this email within a few minutes, then you should investigate. There are only three reasons why this can happen, and none of them are under our control:
- You mistyped your email address. If this is the case, it is simplest for you to start again with a fresh application. Unfortunately you will need to choose a different username if you do this, though if you write to us first, we may be able to change it to your preferred username.
- Your email provider is currently having technical problems. Provided the problems are resolved within a day or two, we will keep trying, and you should eventually receive the email.
- Your email provider has implemented an aggressive anti-spam policy, which has either diverted the email to your “junk” or “spam” folder, or may have deleted it altogether. If you write to us, we may be able to ‘push’ your application on, but unless you also fix the problem at your end, you will probably not receive your new login password either.
When signing up for a new LPWC account, after you have confirmed your email address by clicking on the link, there is a manual step for us to confirm that you are a member of the Society. This stage may take a few days, but please be patient and do not click the link more than once, as it will not speed up the process, and may actually confuse matters and delay your access.
The welcome email you get from the LPWC will only give you a temporary password. A temporary password can be used to login here (provided you have told us you are a member), but it will expire after 7 days. Therefore you should still login to the LPWC as soon as you can, in order to set a more memorable password (which will then not expire).
Remember that your password (both the temporary password you are initially sent, and also any password you set yourself) is case sensitive, so take care − you may find it best to copy and paste the initial password from the welcome email. Your username is also generally case-sensitive, although the first letter may be entered in either upper or lower case.
If you ever forget your password, or need to change it, you need to go to the LPWC site to do so. If you click the “Forgot your password” button, the password you are sent is only a temporary one, although it will work immediately. You should login to the LPWC in order to set a more memorable password.
Important: resetting your password depends on us having your email address correctly recorded. Therefore it is very important to update your LPWC account if you change your address − as well as telling us about it so we can update your membership records (which are currently separate from the LPWC). If you change your address and forget your password, you'll first need to ask us to update your email address, and then you can request a password reset.
You may wish to print this page − for your convenience, the links above are listed here:
- https://members.sayers.org.uk/howto.html − this page.
- https://lpwc.sayers.org.uk/SignUp − sign up for the LPWC.
- https://lpwc.sayers.org.uk/Special:UserLogin − login to the LPWC.
- https://lpwc.sayers.org.uk/Special:ChangePassword − change your password (if you know the old one).
- https://lpwc.sayers.org.uk/Special:PasswordReset − get a new temporary password (if you have forgotten the old one).
- https://lpwc.sayers.org.uk/Special:ChangeEmail − update your email address.
- https://lpwc.sayers.org.uk/Special:Preferences − update various other preferences for how the LPWC works for you.
- https://members.sayers.org.uk/ − the Society Members Area
- email@example.com − our email address if you have any questions about the signup process